Recipe via @betterhealthbeginshere
A healthy take on the classic peanut butter cups. Make your own version at home with the peanut butter of your choice and NeoLifeShake powder for amino acids, glycaemic response control technology and complete protein. This recipe can be enjoyed right away or stored in the fridge for your family to enjoy over weeks.
1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 scoop NeoLifeShake Creamy Vanilla
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
coarse sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Fill a mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners. (I also made larger ones in silicone moulds.)
- Using a double-boiler, melt the chocolate chips until smooth and completely melted.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into each mini liner and spread until the bottom of the liner and the sides are coated in chocolate.
- Place the pan with the chocolate liners into the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
- While the chocolate sets, prepare your peanut butter filling by mixing together your preferred peanut butter (I made some with homemade peanut butter and some with store-bought almond butter), honey, NeoLifeShake, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir well.
- After removing the muffin pan from the freezer, spoon 1 teaspoon of the filling mixture into each liner.
- Now cover the top of each cup with more melted chocolate until you can’t see the filling.
- Lastly, sprinkle the tops with coarse sea salt and place the pan into the freezer once more for at least 10 minutes. You can store the peanut butter cups in the fridge for a couple of weeks if your family doesn’t devour them like mine did.