We all know that exercising combined with eating healthy is very good for our bodies and our well-being. However, many of us sometimes feel like there isn’t enough time during one day to maintain this lifestyle. How can we solve that problem?
Well, if you don’t have time to make a nice salad, add fruit or necessary nutrition to your meal, NeoLife offers an easy solution to that problem. By taking whole food supplements such as Pro Vitality, you can complement some essential nutrition you might have missed in your meal. But what about finding the time for exercising? One solution is to find workout opportunities in your daily routines.
We have listed a bunch of tips you can use to get your daily exercise while doing your daily obligations.
First of all, why should we exercise? The benefits of exercising extend beyond just what it does to our body’s appearance. Exercising increases our overall energy level, it can help improve self-esteem, boost the immune system, stimulate the brain and suppress anxiety. If you don’t find the time to go out for a run or go to the gym, there are small and easy ways to make exercise into a daily habit.
Use your toes
Do not underestimate the little exercises. Just raising your heels is a great exercise to get the blood flow going and prevent swollen legs. And you can do it anywhere – at the bus stop, in front of the TV or at work.
Workout at your desk
If you are one of many who sit at a desk during work hours, use that time to do a mini-workout. The following are some examples of mini-exercises you can do at your desk:
– Sit on your chair and tighten the gluteal muscles for ten seconds, relax and then repeat nine more times.
– Lean against the desk and do some pushups.
– Exercise the abdominal muscles by sitting in your chair and lift one leg at a time straight up.
And remember, while doing all this: keep your back straight!
Take a walk during lunch
A quick walk during your lunch break is an excellent workout opportunity! Vary your walking so you will not get tired of the surroundings too quickly. To make it a little bit more fun, ask a colleague to join you, or download one of the many fitness apps available for smartphones so you can easily log what you’ve done during the day.
Try the technique “go-sprint-go”
High-intensity training is a very effective workout to burn calories and get your blood flowing. But you don’t have to go to the gym and take “high-intensity” group classes, you can simply apply the technique every time you have an errand. Let’s say you are going to pick up your kids at school or are walking to the bus stop. Instead of walking at the same pace, try to switch between walking very fast and then slow down to normal pace and then speeding up again. Your walk to the bus could instantly be a more effective workout by applying this technique once in a while.
See your everyday routines as a workout opportunity
Try to use the small gaps you can find in your everyday
routines and fill them with exercise. For example:
- If you must use your car while grocery shopping, park as far away from the store as possible and use it as an opportunity to walk a little extra.
- Are there stairs in your house? Congratulations! Walk up as quickly as you can, take two steps at a time and vary the way you climb the stairs.
- Waiting for the pasta water to start boiling? Do some squats while waiting.
- Avoid long periods of sitting on the couch in front of the TV and try to sit on a Pilates ball instead where you need to activate the abdominal muscles to maintain balance.
Enjoy your simple everyday workout!